My online journal for chronicling thoughts, spiritual musings, online tools I find, websites of interest, research I conduct and what ever else I need to keep track of.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Womne's equality in the Body

http://jamaljivanjee.com/2011/09/the-universal-enslavement-of-women/ There were GREAT comments on this article that supports mutual equality in the body. Of particular interest to me were the comments by Trevor Honeycutt and Jeremiah Christian. Trevor Honeycutt did a particular good job in presenting what Jerry Feldman called "over realized eschatology". We want all the fullness and expression of our positions in Christ manifested NOW, without considerations that we still have our Spiritual Treasure wrapped in vessels of clay! Complete healing NOW, ruling as kings NOW, the riches of this earth NOW! Unfortunately, however, there is no getting past this sinful flesh that we will be battling until we draw our last breath. Mutual submission, Yes! But there are still functional roles that being a man and a woman entail. Being found in the form of a (wo)man I don't count it robbery to be equal with my husband, but because I find myself in this vessel of flesh, I die to how "I" think I want to live and allow my husband to rule as 'head' in our marriage relationship. Trevor states it really good though so I won't say any more, lol! Margaret, Jessica and Dave McCarthy also had good comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a DO-FOLLOW blog. Feel free to leave your link! Comments that are not relevant, however, will be deleted.