My online journal for chronicling thoughts, spiritual musings, online tools I find, websites of interest, research I conduct and what ever else I need to keep track of.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Liver and Beets

No, this is not a recipe but my thoughts on getting a healthier liver.

I've been reading a little about the liver and how it can produce a great quantity of health issues when it isn't functioning the way it should. Today I made one of what I call my 'health drinks'. It contained a piece of chopped up raw beet (about 2 inches diameter), a handful of raw baby spinach, about 1 1/2 tablespoons of lecithin powder, about 2 tablespoons of tocotriene powder, 1 1/2 tablespoon of honey, 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 frozen bananas and water.

Well about 4 hours after that I had a diarrhea-y bowel movement with lots of red in it from the beets. I was surprised since I thought the transit time of the drink would take most of the day, if not longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a DO-FOLLOW blog. Feel free to leave your link! Comments that are not relevant, however, will be deleted.